Our passage through the Holy Land, although we have imagined it on many occasions, has gone much further, the freedom that it gives you to travel a country of contrasts, where distances are short, and you quickly get into the medieval cities of the coast, in the green plains of the Golan Heights or the surroundings of Lake Tiberias, and that collide with the entrance into the desert or the mysticism of the subsoil of Jerusalem ... shocking!
The time has come to bring order to these chronicles of that area that raises more love and hate, of permanent conflict but of great cultural, historical and human riches on its borders. They arrive our usual "THE DAY AFTER: Conclusions" of our pilgrimage to the Holy Land, one of the most complete trips we have made.
Our thanks cannot ignore Elijah Badenes, The engine that everything works. Special thanks to all who have written, to those who have read us, to family, to friends and especially to the help of Almudena and Dolores de Turismo Israel already Vanessa and Roger of Street Travelers with whom we get ideas for our route.
!! UP TO THE NEXT TRIP !!
Isaac and Paula, from the Holy Land
|WE DIDN'T LIKE:|
- Thirfty, disappointing car rental company (Our intermediary Rentalcars is saved for their customer service).
- Tiberias city, messy, big, full of huge resorts and without too much charm
- See the reality of a conflict of impossible solution in Hebron (although we loved the experience) and the arrogance of the soldiers in the controls.
- The shameful, humiliating and denigrating raised wall in Bethlehem and its border post.
- Lo Kamikazes that may become some Israelis behind the wheel
- The "absolutely excessive" control and the continuous "feeling of presumption of guilt" to pass the checks of the International Airport upon your departure.
- Israeli food, from the tasty sabichs to the less exquisite meals spiced too much for our tastes
- Wadi Nisnas, the Arab quarter of Haifa come to less
- Midreshet Ben-Gurion, a tomb with more symbolism than charm.
- Herodyon, an expendable visit.
- He accommodation price, maybe something tall.
|WE LOVED IT:|
- Jaffa, old port city of Tel Aviv
- The curious neighborhoods (Neve Tzedek, Shenkin Street, Rothschild Boulevard) and markets (Carmel, Nahalat Binyamin, ...) of Tel Aviv
- The Caesarean section Herod the Great and its privileged location
- Find the origins of the Bahaism in Haifa and Acre
- A baptism in the Israeli area of the Jordan in Qaser El Yahud
- A bath in the Dead Sea in Ein Gedi, a Kibbutz in the desert
- The Nabatean city of Avdat and the excellent work of archaeologists to preserve it.
- Reach the Negev Desert and "float" over the canyon in Mitzpe Ramón
- He David Tower night show in Jerusalem
- All Jerusalem not named "indispensable" (the Mt. Zion, the city of David, Mea Shearim, its four neighborhoods, a walk through his murllas… )
- He affection received by the Palestinians especially in Hebron and Bethlehem, despite its sad reality
- The charm of some accommodations, such as Akkotel of Acre and the Fauzi Azar Inn of Nazareth.
|ESSENTIAL / ONCE IN LIFE:|
A fortification located in a magical enclave
A town framed on top of a mountain
|FOLLOW THE FOOTPRINTS OF JESUS|
Capernaum, the city of Jesus, where he conveyed his message
|SAN JORGE MONASTERY|
Not only the place, the full experience!
An oasis in the desert…
|A DAWN IN MASADA|
Climb the "Snake Path" still at night ...
|THE TRIPLE LOOK OF JERUSALEM|
The esplanade of the Mosques and its great Dome of the Rock
|THE SUBSUELOS DE JERUSALÉN|
The history of the city is several meters below ground
Enter through the Gate of Humility ...
|FINAL AMOUNT OF THE TRIP:|
|FLIGHTS LCG-MAD-TLV-BCN-LCG (i / v for € 540 / p)||1.079,50 €|
|TEL AVIV ACCOMMODATION (EDEN HOUSE TVL) x1night||92,00 €|
|ACRE ACCOMMODATION (AKKOTEL) x1night||144,00 €|
|NAZARET ACCOMMODATION (FAUZI AZAR INN) x1night||106,38 €|
|MASADA ACCOMMODATION (MASADA GUEST HOUSE) x1night||94,40 €|
|ACCOMMODATION JERUSALEM 4 NIGHTS (ABRAHAM HOSTEL) x4 nights||345,60 €|
|CAR (RENTAL, GPS, GASOLINE)||363,96 €|
|TICKETS, MEALS, TRAM, ETC ...||894,85 €|
|FINAL AMOUNT 2 PEOPLE: € 3,338.81|
|€ 1,670 / PERSON|
|+ TRAVEL GIFTS: € 159.66|